Old school baby!
The first two levels on this game were huge and totally fun to play. BUT ... by the time I got to the third level and I saw how huge it was I couldn't go any further. The multiplayer was fun, but no Goldeneye. Cerebral Bore!
Copied from the old gouki.com, my E3-2009 journal.
E3 2009 Day 0 (MS Press Conference)
Microsoft really knows how to put on a press conference. No charts, graphs, or sales figures, just game announcements, trailers and live demos.
The surviving Beatles take the stage for The Beatles Rock Band cool to see them. Exclusive track for the 360, All You Need is Love, proceeds go to charity.
Modern Warfare 2 looks amazing. It’s multi-platform of course, so not sure why they chose the MS press conference for this.
Final Fantasy 13 and Metal Gear Solid are coming to the 360. God of War is now the only PS3 exclusive that I give a shit about.
Halo 3: ODST looks just about what I expected (which is a good thing) and it releases this September with a bonus; each copy includes an invitation to the new Halo: Reach beta. Sign me up.
Alan Wake, again? And it’s not even coming out this year, which means we will see it again next E3. F.
Facebook on Xbox Live, FTW!
Project Natal, Microsoft’s motion tracking video camera system was demoed at the end. If this works, it will be revolutionary; if it doesn’t it will be the Eye Toy part 2.
Nice work slamming Nintendo for the preset waggles. Preset Waggles is my new favorite saying.
E3 2009 Day 1
9:00 am - We started off by watching the Nintendo press conference. I couldn’t have been more disappointed. The only thing that looked any good was the new Metroid co-developed by Team Ninja, which won’t be released this year.
There is a new Mario Bros. game set for the Wii that is 4-player simultaneous. There’s no hint of being able to play it online, and the graphics look like they could be on the SNES.
Also, there will be a sequel to Mario Galaxy, which looks like a 1.5 release to me, as I saw nothing new. This will not make it this year either.
11:00 am – The Sony press conference begins… after 10 minutes of the announcer saying there’s still seats available. Most of what they show is 3rd party games that are also available on the 360.
They wasted a bunch of my time talking about the PS2 and giving charts and figures that nobody cares about.
Interesting PS3 only titles: Final Fantasy 14 (online) but not till next year. God of War 3, but we knew that going in. Finally, Mod Nation, which is a surprisingly good looking Mario Kart type racer that allows you to create tracks, impressed me.
Not interesting: A motion controller that still is a controller, and another PSP SKU.
2:00 pm – At last at the exhibits!
Gouki and I got into the press area of Bethesda software and got a first look and hands on demos of Point Lookout (DLC for Fallout 3), Wet, and Rouge Warrior. Wet looks decent, Rouge Warrior’s AI seems pretty dumb at this point. It releases in Q4, so there’s time to fix it, but not much.
I got to play the new Ghostbusters game. It looks amazing, the controls are a bit touchy, but that might just be me not being used to the PS3 controller.
I also played Marvel vs. Capcom 2 using the Street Fighter 4 fight stick. Feels much like the arcade, though that was so long ago for me that I’m not sure anymore.
Notable absence: No Kentia hall this year!
5:00 pm – Where’s Jimmy?
E3 2009 Day 2
Day 2 at E3 and I’m usually more interested in finding someplace to sit down than anything else. We went to see the Modern Warfare 2 demo that had a countdown running for it, but it turned out to be nothing more than the trailer we’d seen a week ago. (I don’t understand why that’s not just up there in the mix with all the other trailers on Activision big screen.)
Speaking of the other trailers, the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen game looks amazing. Hopefully it plays as well as it looks. Hopefully we will get some hands on with this on Day 3.
- Ubisoft has the best overall booth babes (and a ton of them)
- Batman: Arkham Asylum is in every other booth.
- Where is Bioshock 2?
E3 2009 Day 3
The last day of the Expo. My feet hurt. Didn’t really see anything new. Jimmy dressed up as Akuma and got lots of attention.
Afterwards we went to the Dodgers game and watched them lose to the Phillies. Cole Hamels pitched a complete game shutout throwing less than 100 pitches. Ridiculous.
This game is so notoriously bad that you'll wish you could find it still!
So I did an article earlier last week about Worst Game #1: Final Fantasy X-2. The article caught a slight amount of backfire from people wanting to know if Final Fantasy X-2 is really one of the worst games; of course the answer is a definite no. So this time I'll address a game that really is the absolute worst game I've had the misfortune of touching in my entire life: Big Rigs Racing for the PC.
Some people - if you've been living under a rock - haven't heard of Big Rigs Racing. First off, let me get this out of the way: it was a budget game. We all know that there's a reason budget games are budget games (let's exclude the NFL 2K series; those were very good budget games). But once you play Big Rigs, if you ever have the misfortune of playing Big Rigs, you'll understand exactly how good a budget title can be; at the very least, you'll appreciate the fact that even most budget games - hell, most Barbie or Mary Kate and Ashley games - are at least finished products; this is not the case with Big Rigs.
The immediate problem comes from the box itself, which takes pride in blatant misadvertising. There are no police as the box claims; in fact, the whole word "Racing" should be excluded from the title entirely. Why, you ask. Well, there really is no racing in Big Rigs. The game had no AI. The "opponent" truck sits at the starting line and goes nowhere. Does it matter? Not really, because I can't even imagine how bad the AI would be if it were present.
At this point I should mention something else bothering about the game: there is absolutely, 100 percent no clipping in this game. You can drive through everything; in fact, the clipping is so totally absent that the bridges in the level aren't even real. You'll sink under them when you drive onto them. I'm not sure if this was the developers idea of being trippy, or perhaps they were trying to make a deep yet misunderstood commentary about society - aka the cake isn't real - but the point, whatever it was intended to be, is missed by me.
At this point you might be inclined to believe that at the very least the driving mechanics have to be decent. Well, if you can drive a semi up a mountain without losing momentum, then the mechanics are amazing. If you can reverse a semi and accelerate infinitely, then the mechanics are amazing. If you've ever driven right off the face of the Earth, the driving mechanics are amazing. If all these things seem beyond idiotic, then you should pass on Big Rigs.
On last point I feel is worth mentioning: the game contains five levels, but it seems the developers only found four of them important enough to allow you to play, because there's one level in the game that will crash you back to your desktop without so much as an excuse.
There's a point to be made here. Big Rigs is the definition of a game that isn't a game at all. It's a loose assortment of non-working parts put together by kids who got tired of coloring with crayons during kindergarden. And if any part of this ever seemed like a good idea for even a second, then those kidergardeners should really think about special placement.
[Editor's note: here's a video demonstration of this monstrosity:]
This looks amazing. Graphics have improved drastically!
Oh it's real Jimmy and it's Korean! WTF?!
Just today the Jimmys released a bunch of new videos showing off some of the environments and player vs player stuff. It's too bad that this game could almost be considered a fake. Apparently they don't have the license to show or use anything from Dragonball that anyone would recognize. The Nameks don't even look like Nameks. There's no Saiyans. The other race is Buu's race, which I thought was just an evil spirit.
This looks terrible and if it ever makes it to the states at this rate I'll be suprirsed. I don't want to play this. I'll wait for The Old Republic and Final Fantasy XIV. Jimmy! Check out these videos below and decided for yourself, the last video is the PvP.
By: goukijones Oct 4, 2009 | 4 Comments
Jimmy live from Wall Street and the T-shirt dance?!
This vlog is no joke. I obviously had a lot to say. I show clips from Left 4 Dead, Fable 2, Mirror's Edge, Gears of War 2, and Fallout 3. The stock market bit is great and I think I crossed the line with the T-shirt dance, but hey ... you fuckin' Jimmys need to buy some shirts!
By: goukijones Oct 4, 2009 | 5 Comments
Live from the closet! The neighbors are pissed off Jimmy!
The neighbors are complaining about the noise coming from my apartment Jimmy! WTF? I play the Call of Duty WaW Beta, The Force Unleashed and Mercenaries 2! Don't be a Jimmy! I hurt myself making this vlog.
WTF is this? Oh yes Jimmy. This IS a sequel.
Ok so some of you may not remember, but I do. A few years ago a game came out called Crackdown. The only reason why anyone even played or heard of this game was to get their hands a the Halo 3 beta which was included on every disc.
Crackdown wasn't the greatest game ever made, actually it was pretty bad. Very simple minded stuff, run around, climb buildings, shoot anything that's shooting at you. There was some minor leveling up, but nothing to get super excited about. I played, a few times ... waiting for the Halo 3 Beta to be made available.
Now it's time for Crackdown 2! I'm sure somewhere very few Jimmys are thrilled to death to hear this news. I was a little, until I saw the pictures that looked like Crackdown 1. WTF? Zombies?! WTF?! Enough with the fuckin' zombies in every game. Anyway, just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Check out these screens and video below.
This is a cut scene I'm sure ...
Uh-oh starting to look Crackdown 1 ...
Okay, this is the same game.
By: goukijones Oct 4, 2009 | 5 Comments
Bizzle Kdigga Live VIA Live and a weather report. My favorite bit.
Jimmy! I'm back, Vlog #2! I give a quick overview of some summer movies I loved and hated. I talk about The Force Unleashed demo, Galaga Legions and Fable 2 pub games. Also the summer Olympics, Barrack Obama and Hurricane Gustav! Don't be a Jimmy!
The original Jimmy! Check it out!
Jimmy screams about Too Human, Little Big Planet, Street Fighter IV, Fallout 3, Gears of War 2. Highs and lows from Sony, Microsoft and the Nintendo press conference. Video clips, drinking, cursing, Jack Palance is dead smack! All here in this Vlog ... Don't be a Jimmy!
By: BatRastered Oct 2, 2009 | 3 Comments
Warning! Spoilers Ahead! - Here's a full list of all the achievements and their gamer points awarded.
There are 50 achievements available (for the usual total of 1000 gp)
- Back in the Saddle - Help train the local militia. 15G
- Danger Close - Get hand picked for Shepherd’s elite squad. 15G
- Cold Shoulder - Infiltrate the snowy mountain side base. 15G
- Tag ‘em and bag ‘em - Find Rojas in the Favelas. 15G
- Royale with Cheese - Defend Burger Town. 15G
- Soap on a Rope - Storm the gulag. 15G
- Desperate Times - Execute the plan to help the Americans. 15G
- Whiskey Hotel - Take back Whiskey Hotel. 15G
- The Pawn - Assault Makarov’s safe house. 15G
- Out of the Frying Pan… - Complete the mission in the airplane graveyard. 15G
- For the Record - Complete the Single Player campaign on any difficulty. 35G
- The Price of War - Complete the single player campaign on Hardened or Veteran Difficulty. 90G
- First Day of School - Complete ‘S.S.D.D’ and ‘Team Player’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Black Diamond - Complete ‘Cliffhanger’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Turistas - Complete ‘Takedown’ and ‘The Hornet’s Nest’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Red Dawn - Complete ‘Wolverines!’ and ‘Exodus’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Prisoner #627 - Complete ‘The Only Easy Day… Was Yesterday’ and ‘The Gulag’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Ends Justify the Means - Complete ‘Contingency’ on Veteran Difficulty 25G
- Homecoming - Complete ‘Of Their Own Accord’, ‘Second Sun’, and ‘Whiskey Hotel’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Queen takes Rook - Complete ‘Loose Ends’ and ‘The Enemy of My Enemy’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Off the Grid - Complete ‘Just Like Old Times’ and ‘Endgame’ on Veteran Difficulty. 25G
- Pit Boss - Run The Pit in ‘S.S.D.D’ and finish with a final time under 30 seconds. 10G
- Ghost - Plant the C4 in ‘Cliffhanger’ without alerting or injuring anyone in the blizzard. 10G
- Colonel Sanderson - Kill 7 chickens in under 10 seconds in ‘The Hornet’s Nest’. 10G
- Gold Star - Earn 1 star in Special Ops. 20G
- Hotel Bravo - Earn 4 stars in Special Ops. 20G
- Charlie On Our Six - Earn 8 stars in Special Ops. 20G
- It Goes to Eleven - Earn at least 1 star in 11 different Special Op missions. 20G
- Operational Asset - Earn all 3 stars in at least 5 different Special Op missions. 20G
- Blackjack - Earn 21 stars in Special Ops. 20G
- Honor Roll - Earn at least 1 star in each Special Op mission. 20G
- Operative - Earn all 3 stars in at least 10 different Special Op missions. 30G
- Specialist - Earn 30 stars in Special Ops. 30G
- Professional - Earn all 3 stars in at least 15 different Special Op missions. 30G
- Star 69 - Earn 69 stars in Special Ops. 90G
- Downed but Not Out - Kill 4 enemies in a row while downed in Special Ops. 10G
- I’m the Juggernaut… - Kill a Juggernaut in Special Ops. 10G
- Ten plus foot-mobiles - Kill at least 10 enemies with one Predator missile in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- Unnecessary Roughness - Use a riot shield to beat down an enemy in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- Knock-knock - Kill 4 enemies with 4 shots during a slow-mo breach in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- Some Like it Hot - Kill 6 enemies in a row using a thermal weapon in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- Two Birds with One Stone - Kill 2 enemies with a single bullet in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- The Road Less Traveled - Collect 22 enemy intel items. 10G
- Leave No Stone Unturned - Collect 45 enemy intel items. 10G
- Drive By - Kill 20 enemies in a row while driving a vehicle in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- The Harder They Fall - Kill 2 rappelling enemies in a row before they land on their feet in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- Desperado - Kill 5 enemies in a row using 5 different weapons or attachments in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- Look Ma Two Hands - Kill 10 enemies in a row using akimbo weapons in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- No Rest For the Wary - Knife an enemy without him ever knowing you were there in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
- Three-some - Kill at least 3 enemies with a single shot from a grenade launcher in Single Player or Special Ops. 10G
The new 7 minute Final Fantasy XIII trailer from TGS in English
Here is the 7 minute TGS trailer in English. The graphics are gorgeous, and the voice acting is pretty good for a JRPG. This game may require me to invest in a new 1080p TV.
Trending Video Games
- The Last of Us Part II
- Remember Me
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Marvel's Avengers
- Beyond Good and Evil 2
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Alice Madness Returns
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Fallout 76