By: iorilamia Jul 20, 2011 | 14 Comments
The rumors were true...
Ultimate Mvc3 (UMVC3) will have 12 new characters, new modes and 8 new stages. It will be coming this November for $39.99 ( a bit much in my opinion). So far Strider, Firebrand, Ghost Rider, and Hawkeye have been announced , check out their videos below and the UMVC3 trailer (which shows some new moves added/altered to the old cast!)
Character overview Trailer
Strider vs Ghost Rider
Hawkeye vs Strider
Ghost Rider vs Firebrand(lol)
Firebrand vs Hawkeye
Uploaded by http://www.youtube.com/user/CapcomUnityVideos
So what do you guys think of the UMVC3 idea? Anyone seen it coming, with the usual Capcom releasing 2-3 versions of a game? I don't like the $40 pricetag, hopefully those who purchased MVC3 will have some sort of bonus...like costumes or a character or two? Atleast we will have a spectator mode, giving people more incentive for online play. X-factor in the air is a bit...much. But they were speaking of nerfing it and making the game more skill based, so we will see in time.
Anyways, the biggest deal are the new characters. None are really appealing to me. So far looks like I'll still be sticking with x-23, Wesker, Morrigan, Ryu and Magneto. Strider looks overpowered and has 2(?) lvl 3's? Firebrand's OTG capatabilites do look fun though. Still, I wish they add Son-son and Gambit to the game. Anyone on your wishlist? Leave a comment with your thoughts.
"In addition to characters, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 features a host of enhancements and new features to improve the game’s balance and online functionality. One of the biggest additions to Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is the fan-requested Spectator Mode, which allows fighters to watch live online matches together. With multiple improvements and 12 new characters, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 brings home the ultimate fighting experience for newcomers and pros alike. "
Gamestop: Femme Fatale costume pack
Best Buy: Villaine Costume pack
Amazon: New age Heroes Costume pack (cyber akuma doom and Sentinel don't look like heroes...)
By: goukijones Oct 23, 2011 | 70 Comments | Updated: Nov 14, 2011
Publicity Stunt: Leave a comment to win UMvC3. We're giving away 5 copies, your system choice. Check out Gouki.com, check out what we do and what we're about and win a copy of Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 the day it comes out. #dontbeajimmy
Special thanks to Capcom for releasing 2 Marvel VS Capcom video games in the same year. Early this year we gave away - Marvel VS Capcom 3 Special Edition Ultra Combo Giveaway
So we figure what do you want more than anything else, when we do these giveaways and we think it's all about the games. That's why we're going to giveaway 5 copies of Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 to anyone that gives us a shout out on any of our media outlets. Here are the different ways you can enter.
- The easiest way to enter is to leave a comment on this story. A funny or interesting comment will have the best chance.
- Follow @goukinews & RT this message: #Gouki Publicity Stunt. They're giving away 5 copies of Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 follow @goukinews and RT this message
- Like Gouki.com on Facebook and Post/Write something on the wall in regards to this Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 giveaway on Gouki.com.
- Subscribe & Post a comment to the Gouki.com Official YouTube Channel in regards to this Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 Giveaway on Gouki.com.
- Write a story on Gouki.com. The best way to help support us is to write a story about your favorite video game. Your story can be about any video game topic you wish. To qualify write a Blog, Review, Preview and/or News. Fiction & Non-fiction highly encouraged.
Deadline to enter is Novermber 14, 2011. 8AM PST.
Winners will be announced on November 14, 2011, via direct message from whichever outlet you win from. The faster you respond to the message, the faster we will ship out the game to you. *US Only
This is a giveaway and Gouki.com reserves all rights. Rules & prizes subject to change at anytime. Anybody abusing anything on Gouki.com will be banned immediately. We run a fair and legitimate operation here. Don't be a Jimmy. Thanks for playing.
We’re serious about our giveaways and always try to do them bigger and better. Check out our previous contests and giveaways.
By: goukijones Jul 2, 2012 | 2 Comments | Updated: Jul 3, 2012
Filipino Champ in his post game interview with IFCYipes. The first part of the video is the final series between Filipino Champ VS Dios -X-. If you can't say something nice, wait for Filipino Champ to say it.
12:45 Filipino Champ begins keep it real.
13:45 "[Dios -X-] plays [UMvCs] like a scumbag"
14:10 "[Dios -X-] got to grand finals, even though he looks like a pelican."
There are some classic one liners falling out Champs grill in this interview.
The dumbest thing I saw all night was when Dios -X- changed teams in the last match of the first round AND LOSES!
Vote, Comment and Share. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: iorilamia Jul 20, 2011 | 8 Comments
We got news of 12 new characters for UMVC3 and videos of 4...could this leak of the last 8 be real?
Strider, Firebrand, Ghost Rider, and Hawkeye have been legitimately announced for UMVC3. Those are the 4 of the 12 new characters. apparently on the Capcom website there was an accidental leak of the last 8 fighters. I'm a bit skeptical because some do look like MVC3 art, but still a bit off and akward. Have a look at Doctor Strange, Frank West, Iron Fist, Nemesis, Nova, Phoenix Wright, Rocket Raccoon and Vergil.
I can see all of these characters fitting well in the MVC3 world (Phoenix is a bit akward, but If Frank West can do it in TvC, anyone can!) Not too much of a RE fan, but Nemisis seemingly would be a fun character to play. Iron Fist is a total badass and would be a great addition too. What do you guys think? Any characters on here you wanted in or think should be booted off?
a little more info on UMVC3
• In regards to online features for UMvC3, the match making process was sped up, they reduced online lag and the menu flow is easier for rematching players.
• At the current stage of development, there is no replay mode in UMvC3.
• The HUD shown is not the final version and is for Comic-Con. They're aware the lifebars for backup characters are hard to see and more tweaks are coming.
• Niitsuma hoped to get more characters from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 into UMvC3, but Marvel had their preferences, so Capcom went with those. Niitsuma also wanted to get another non-fighting game character in, but didn't say who that was.
• Tournament results and videos were a factor in balancing the game. Fan feedback and other stuff went a long ways in helping the developers change things.
• Not all characters got new moves, some just got tweaks to their existing attacks. Moves were added or changed to balance out the game, not just to add/change moves. C. Viper did get a new move, though. Frame data for a lot of the characters has been tweaked.
• The number of costume colors available for the characters has been expanded.
• There's no new end boss for UMvC3, still Galactus, but that doesn't mean they've left him untouched. He's got some new bells and whistles to throw at players.
• There will be something for MvC3 fans who bought the original game, if you have the save data on your console. What that is isn't revealed yet, but there will be an extra.
• If UMvC3 sells well, there will responses to fan requests for more content. This was said in response to if Mega Man will be in the game or not.
• All of the old stages are still in the game. Kattelox Island's snow version is separate from the old one.
• Capcom will not do a complete change log for MvC3 to UMvC3, but they're planning on doing something to document the changes between games.
• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be at EVO 2011.
• If you bought DLC characters/costumes for MvC3, that will be useable in UMvC3, but Shadow Mode DLC will not be going over to UMvC3, that's only for vanilla MvC3.
• Capcom didn't want to completely overhaul X-Factor, because it's still MvC3, but they did make some changes to it, it does less damage now and of course can be activated in the air, as previously reported.
• The new characters in the game will have their own endings, stories and stuff, but it sounds like they'll be styled how they were in MvC3.
• Simple mode will be like it was in MvC3, you can't access all of a character's moves with it.
• Capcom went to the original source material a lot for the characters to try to bring them to life in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
• Hawkeye was a choice Marvel was very excited about. He has good long range attacks of course, but his close range attacks are good as well, making him pretty unique and fun to use.
After reading this im getting even more interested in this game. What im happy to see is that for those who bought the original MVC3 they will get a little bonus. I know it wont be anything spectacular be at lease we get something. Im hoping its some free coustme packs or something like that. Let us know what you think about these little nuggets of info.
By: blazemanx Jul 21, 2011 | 6 Comments
Here is what i think about the new characters of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3!
First off lets start with the capcom side.
Out of the capcom bunch he is the golden goose. If you read my topic about my top 5 characters i wanted you would know he was on it and that makes me a happy man. He looks awesome and looks like he will be a combo machine. Thank god for the japanese voice option because his english voice sucks!
Out of the capcom bunch he is the worst to me. Gameplay wise he looks interesting but i have no love for him at all. I don't really see why people wanted him, he is bland and boring with no personality at least in my opinion.
Vergil was never a must have for me but im glad he made it. i liked him in DMC3 and i hope he has the same voice actor (quantam rager FTW). I hope he is not the ken version of dante i hope his move set is unique and shows people why he is just as badass as his twin brother.
Frank was not one of my top 5 but i do love him. He is from one of my all time favorite games dead rising. I never really had a chance to play TVC so so playing as frank will be a thrilling new experience for me. I just wish they added the mall stage dead rising FTW!
I have never played the phoenix games but i do know of him. I know he was highly requested and really popular. I kind of wanted him just to see how he would pan out. Im hoping he will be made into a formidable fighter and make me want to go check out his games.
Nemesis is one big bad mofo and those who are familiar with RE3 will know him well. He never even crossed my mind when thinking about characaters but he was one scary ass monster and now im intrigued to see how he will be. Although i think if any other resident evil character should have got in it should have been sheva.
Now we move on to the marvel side.
I did want ghost rider but he wasn't one of my top picks. Im glad to see him get some love and make his vs debut. He looks like a real power house with OTGs and his death stare hyper looks awesome i expect to see a lot of him in the first couple of weeks after release.
I always knew of hawkeye but never really KNEW him. I didn't think we needed him mainly because we have a arrow based fighter in taskmaster. After seeing him in action he is pretty different from taskmaster and should carve out his own niche. The best thing about hawkeye is that his theme is AMAZING i just love it i hope to see him a lot just to hear his theme.
I don't know a whole lot about iron fist but i do like him. I liked his appearance in marvel ultimate alliance 2. I expect him to be a good close range melee fighter with devastating combos and a chi like healing hyper. I don't really know how popular he is but he made the cut so that has to mean something.
Dr.strange was another highly requested character from the marvel universe. I think it makes sense to include him because why would you have a hero's villain (shuma, dormammu) and not the hero? I expect him to have a lot of long rang moves including some sort of levitation moves. I think strange will be one of those characters that seems bad until you see him in the right hands, similar to thor.
Nova is the first of two characters i know NOTHING about. Apparently he made IGN's top 100 comic book heroes of all time. In order to make that list i guess he must have something going for him. With that being said i still feel like his spot could have been givin to someone more deserving. I don't know much about him but im looking forward to his reveal i hope he was a good choice.
As soon as i saw his pic i facepalmed. Even though i knew nothing about him i was furious. I yelled we get THIS instead of cyclops, ms. marvel, venom, gambit, jubilee, blade, silver surfer, thanos ect. I shouldn't be so quick to hate someone i know nothing about be i truly feel they could have chose a more heroic and iconic character.
Well that is what i think of the new cast its got some flavor and variety. Although it could have been MUCH better i would love to know what you guys think. Let us know and don't be a jimmy.
By: goukijones Nov 12, 2011 | 5 Comments
You know you wanna get on the Galactus as soon as you get the UMvC3. First make sure you have a saved game from Vanilla MvC3 on your HD. Here's my PWNn through the entire game with Galactus. #dontbeajimmy
By: goukijones Mar 12, 2013 | 1 Comments
Insert Coin(s) & Gouki.com Proudly Present: Generations 1 Fighting Games. Las Vegas, Nevada. April 13, 2013. Featuring UMvC3, SSF4AE & SFxT. Special Guests Mike Ross.
Generations 1 Fighting Games! Tournament April 13, 2013 Insert Coin(s) Las Vegas, Nevada
Special features, rules & regulations.
You must be 21 to enter.
You can register right now on Tournaments.Gouki.com. There, you can also see the pot value & bonus prizes. More bonus prize details will be added to this story.
Only 32 entries per tournament.
$3000 Pot bonus. $1000 Per Game. *Current pot value can be seen on Tournaments.Gouki.com.
Online pre-registration (From now until 10 AM Pacific on April 13, 2013)
$20 Venue fee. Includes 1 Drink & 1 Raffle ticket.
$10 Buy-in per game.
Door registration (April 13, 2013 11AM – 1PM Pacific)
$30 Venue fee. Includes 1 Drink & 1 Raffle ticket.
$10 Buy-in per game.
Cash Prizes = 1st Prize 70% of the pot - 2nd Prize 20% - 3rd Prize 10%
You will receive 1 raffle ticket during check in. We will raffle off 2 Xbox 360 Mad Catz Detonator Stereo Headsets. First drawing will be before the second set of grand finals & the last drawing will be before the last set of grand finals. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.
The winners of the SSF4AE & UMvC3 tournament will receive a Mad Catz Xbox 360 Street Fighter X Sanrio Fightstick. - Shout out to Mad Catz for hookin' it up again!
1st Place Prizes for SF & Marvel
Tournament matches will be played on EVO approved monitors. ASUS 23-inch LCD monitors with speakers.
Casual stations will be available during bracket play.
We will stream for the stream monsters!
Tournaments.Gouki.com/livestream - Starts at 11AM
How it's happening.
- 11:00AM Doors open, Casual play & onsite registration begins.
- Online registration is closed.
- 1:00PM All stations cleared. Tournament begins.
- Brackets will run until top 3 of each game.
- Top 3 will battle 3 out of 5.
- Grand Finals will run of SFxT, SF & Marvel.
Street Fighter X Tekken
- The default gem sets (2013 version) will be the only sets of gems you can choose from.
- Xbox 360
- Double Elimination
- Versus Mode, 99 seconds, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, No Handicap, (Top 3 - 3/5)
Super Street Fighter IV
- Winner may change ultra, but has to pick ultra first after loser picks character.
- Players must agree on a stage immediately or the match will be random stage select.
- Xbox 360
- Double Elimination
- Versus Mode, 99 Seconds, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, No Handicap (Top 3 - 3/5)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
- You may not use any glitch that prevents the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
- Dead body infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.
- Winner must keep exact same team (including assists), but may switch order of assists via loading screen.
- You may not use the same character twice on one team.
- Xbox 360
- Double Elimination
- 99 Seconds, 3/5 Games, Default Handicap, Default Damage (Top 3 - 3/5)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Playstation 3
- Game Settings: 3/5 Rounds, 3/5 games, 80 Seconds (Top 3 - 3/5)
- Single Elimination
- If loser chooses a new character, the stage will be random select.
- Loser may also choose to random select the stage again after a loss.
- There will be no customizing colors, names or items at any time before or during a tournament match. Any player that does so will be given a loss.
- Combot it banned.
- This tournament is free & you can reserve a spot in the bracket, receive a raffle ticket & a free drink if you register now & pay the venue fee.
- Prize: PS Vita
- If you have already paid the venue fee & wish to particpate in this tournament please email info[@]gouki.com with the same name you entered as & we will add you.
- If you do not wish to pay the venue fee, you can register at the door. You will NOT receive a free drink & raffle ticket. *This only applies to Tekken. This is a side tournament.
Detailed Tournament Rules
- You must be 21 to enter.
- There are only 32 spots available per tournament.
- ASUS 23-inch LCD monitors with speakers.
- All games will be played on the default settings, unless otherwise specified.
- All macros available via the in-game controller configuration menu are allowed.
- Hardware programmable input entry, rapid-fire, or other hardware assisted mechanisms are strictly forbidden.
- You may not use any glitch that prevents the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
- Accidentally pausing the game at any time during the fight may force you to forfeit the round (solely at a judge’s discretion).
- Any player using “Random Select” to pick their character, must “Random Select” again if they win the match, provided that there is no way to pick a certain character in the random box.
- B.Y.O.C. Bring your own controller. *Wired controllers available for rent. $5 per day. $20 deposit.
- All games are on Xbox 360.
- All converters are the responsibility of the player.
- All wireless controllers are banned.
Take a look at the achievements for UMVC3!
The Ultimate 50 Unlock all achievements.
Waiting for the Trade 50 View all endings in Arcade mode.
The Best There Is 10 Beat Arcade mode on the hardest difficulty.
Saving My Quarters 10 Beat Arcade mode without using any continues
. The Points Do Matter 20 Earn 400,000 points in Arcade mode.
High-Score Hero 30 Earn 500,000 points in Arcade mode.
Missions? Possible. 20 Clear 120 missions in Mission mode
. Up To The Challenge 30 Clear 240 missions in Mission mode.
Master of Tasks 40 Clear 480 missions in Mission mode.
Above Average Joe 10 Land a Viewtiful Combo. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Mutant Master 10 Land an Uncanny Combo. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Mega Buster 20 Use 1,000 Hyper Combo Gauge bars. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Defender 10 Block 100 times. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Advancing Guardian 10 Perform 100 Advancing Guards. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
A Friend in Need 20 Perform 100 Crossover Assists. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
First Strike 10 Land 50 First Attacks. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Savage Playing 10 Perform 50 Snap Backs. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Quick Change-Up 10 Perform 50 Crossover Counters. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Perfect X-ample 10 Use X-Factor 50 times. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Gravity? Please... 10 Land 50 Team Aerial Combos. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Mighty Teamwork 10 Land 30 Team Aerial Counters. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Big Bang Theory 15 Perform 30 Hyper Combo Finishes. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Hard Corps 15 Perform 30 Crossover Combination Finishes. (Arcade/Xbox LIVE)
Training Montage 20 Play in Offline Mode for over 5 hours.
Training in Isolation 30 Play in Offline Mode for over 30 hours.
Seductive Embrace 20 Play on Xbox LIVE for over 5 hours.
Rivals Welcome 30 Play on Xbox LIVE for over 30 hours.
Brave New World 10 Participate in any mode over Xbox LIVE.
Hellbent 20 Participate in 100 matches in Xbox LIVE.
Dreaded Opponent 20 Participate in 200 matches in Xbox LIVE.
Forged From Steel 30 Participate in 300 matches in Xbox LIVE.
Full Roster 30 Battle against all characters over Xbox LIVE
. Incredible 20 Win without calling your partners or switching out in a Xbox LIVE match.
Need a Healing Factor 20 Win without blocking in an Xbox LIVE match.
Crazy Good 10 Surpass the rank of Fighter.
Mega Good 40 Surpass the 6th rank of any class.
Hotshot 15 Win 10 battles in Ranked Match.
Slam Master 20 Win 50 battles in Ranked Match.
Fighting Machine 40 Win 100 battles in Ranked Match.
Noble Effort 15 Get a 5-game win streak in Ranked Match.
Assemble! 15 Participate in an 8 player Lobby over Xbox LIVE.
Dominator 30 Collect 100 titles.
A Warrior Born 10 Earn 5,000 Player Points (PP).
Devil with a Blue Coat 15 Earn 30,000 Player Points (PP)
. Divine Brawler 50 Earn 100,000 Player Points (PP).
Comic Collector 50 Unlock all items in the Gallery.
Passport to Beatdown Country 10 Fight in all of the stages.
these achievements seem pretty average like the first MVC3 i got 1000/1000 from the first one and it seems like this will be another easy 1000 im glad we get to see some pics of the characters yet to be shown in game. This game is gonna PWN let us know what you think and dont be a jimmy!
By: goukijones Aug 2, 2011 | 7 Comments
Check out we got to speak with the two Jimmys making my personal favorite fighter right now. I don't care what you Jimmys say, MvC 3 is way more exciting to me.
Special thanks to Ryota Niitsuma san & Neo G [Hidetoshi Ishizawa san], that's his nickname. Thanks to Capcom too. BatRastered is on the mic and FnJimmy can be spotted in the background as securretty. Some nuab is jumping around in the background at the beginning, so I tell FnJimmy to go over there and Hulk Smash his grill.
Ryota Niitsuma & Neo G VS Team Gouki EVO 2011 Interview
By: goukijones Jun 26, 2012 | 2 Comments
EVO's Mr. Wizard announces infinite combos will be allowed in Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 at the big tournament. Videos show more than 1 character has one. Will there be more to come?
TAC = Team Ariel Combo.
TAC Infinite combos will be legal at EVO according to this Tweet from EVO director Mr. Wizard.
Here's what it looks like.
Can you even see it? I certainly don't have a clue what is happening. Phoenix tags Magneto back in and Magneto can start his infinite. Apparently there's a moment where you can escape if you have the right character.
This is something that isn't a glitch. This is something that requires technique and specific characters to do.
Justin Wong said: "That is cheap cause Magneto has one too, so lots of characters might have it." - That quote is from EventHubs
Low and behold ...
Marvel is the Touch of Death. Shout out to UltraChenTV for that one liner. The winner of EVO could be the Jimmy who has something like this mastered with whatever else they've already mastered in the realm of cheese with Ultimate. Marvel is so full of cheese. FnJimmy had a great line last night while were playing and Hsien-ko kinda froze up for a second and he said "See the computer can't even handle your cheesy bullshit anymore." We're going to see a lot of attempts at this infinite thing, only the best will move forward. If an Infinite Combo wins the tournament and if the winner of the tournament is Japanese, they will probably riot. U.S.A.! U.S.A.!
Where is Filipino Champs take on this?
Marvel is a lot of the same, even though all of the characters are very different and have unique styles. Core gameplay features like TACs, Supers, Launching are all the same for all the characters. Now some might be completely different features, like not all characters can fly. I think this TAC infinite thing falls under most characters in the game can do something like this. Whether or not the human player can execute it or not, we'll see at EVO.
Well what do you think? Ban or not ban? Ban glitches, not skill, that's my take. Vote, Comment and Share. Don't be a Jimmy!
By: goukijones Sep 1, 2011 | 5 Comments
Tron is my favorite character in Marvel VS Capcom 3. While playing UMvC3 I noticed that the chains just weren't there anymore. Jimmy don't like that!
FnJimmy and I had the pleasure to square off against one another in UMv3 a few times over the weekend. We have our first match on tape and you can watch that below. But before you do, I would like to clarify that I do not like anything about UMvC3 except that it has more characters that I might want to use.
Tron is definitely not the same, the simple drill into medium attack, repeat and carry on combo is gone. You can clearly see in the video me attempting to do it. Maybe the timing is different in UMvC3, maybe not, I was struggling for sure. I don't like the health bars. I'm totally confused which is which, it's dark and hard to see, especially when everything in UMvC3 is already moving fast enough and is all over the screen.
I used Dr. Strange and Nemesis and you can see my PWNn with Strange in the video below, but not so much with the Nemesis. I don't like him too much. Another time we played I used Ghost Rider again(I used him at EVO.) Ghost Rider is cool, Hulk don't like that chain reaching across the map and neither does FnJimmy. So if my Tron truly is nerfed, it be Ghost Rider stepping in as of now. Don't be a Jimmy! Watch the video and leave some comments below. And don't forget to hype the UMvC3 up on the catalog page.
GoukiJones VS FnJimmy UMvC3 PAX 2011 World Championship
Trending Video Games
- The Last of Us Part II
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Remember Me
- Beyond Good and Evil 2
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Marvel's Avengers
- Rage 2
- Crackdown 3
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Last Survivor