Not quite, but EA hedges its bets during their investor conference call yesterday.
NOTE: When you see "Fiscal Year" in this story it is referring to the year ending on March 31, 2012.
EA's release to investors stated that:
We are preparing the launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic. The launch date, while in
our fiscal year, is not yet certain. We see roughly $0.15 EPS variability between the
potential launch window
we assume that Star Wars: The Old Republic ships in the calendar year, but our guidance
range accounts for a range of ship dates within the fiscal year
Public companies must recognize any uncertainty, by law, in their investor guidance, so the above is not exactly shocking. To further this point we have this:
While we fully anticipate launching Star Wars: The Old Republic in Q2 or Q3, the low
end of our guidance range assumes the outside possibility of a January launch.
Finally, From Frank Gibeau (President of EA Games) on the conference call we have:
And finally, the biggest event of the year will be Star Wars: The Old Republic -- a jawdropping subscription-based MMO that is captivating critics and fans in the beta test. We
currently have over one million double-opt-in beta testers for the world’s first story-driven, fully
Everyone is waiting for us to announce the ship date… Sorry, but that’s not going to happen
today. We’re holding the date for two reasons – first, we don’t want to tip off the competition;
second, we want more data from the beta test to guarantee a spectacular experience at
So, we got a whole lot of nothing on the conference call yesterday. Lots of analysts are speculating that the game will slip to 2012 based on this, but if you read carefully and have listened to this type of thing in the past, this is not what they are saying, though they are acknowledging the possibility.
When do you think The Old Republic will finally ship? Leave a comment and let us know.
By: goukijones Sep 2, 2011 | 3 Comments
Look ma no hands. Wait, I was using my hands to PWN. I play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive at the same time I have the camera resting up against my chest on a monopod. Nobody can stop me.
About C-S:GO, the game definitely felt like it was old. We got to jump the line, sorry fellow PAX goers. They told us we could stay if we wanted to. I declined, I had had enough. I didn't know how to switch guys right away. I was buying guns and then dying in one shot. No fucking clue. At the very end, it looks like I pick up the bomb, but I don't know if I actually had it. Then after I managed to sneak all the way to the opposing teams base, I just got shot.
So this might be better for the nostalgia head Jimmys. As of right now, I'm not feeling the hype. I would say I need to sit down and have a good few rounds with this game figure out what is going on. Maybe if I had some friends online to play it as well. Don't be a Jimmy. Try to enjoy the video.
A compilation of the many diverse custom built fightsticks of video games we have today.
Across my time of gaming, I've seen many fightsticks and places where fightsticks end up. So today I'd like to share some of the fightsticks I've seen as well as the many fightsticks I've known people to make. Let's take a look.
Akuma Fightstick: The last time I saw this fightstick, it was in the possesion of Momochi. A solid fightstick for any Akuma player.
360 Shape Fightstick: This unique fightstick uses the outside frame of a 360 with parts of a fightstick on the inside. Interesting.
Nike Box Fightstick. For the gamer looking to have a fightstick with a budget and still retain a bit of style, the Nike Box Fightstick makes for a hilarious yet efficient fight stick, parts are all fully functional and inside.
An exclusive, signed by Justin Wong, fightstick. That day he was a bit shy to take the photo but was cool about it xD
Standard Ryu Fightstick: Ryu fans know this is the way to go if you're looking to represent with quality.
Cake Fightstick: That's right, it's a CAKE! XD I could not help but add this one because of how scrumptious and awseome this pic is. Fightstick+Cake=EPIC.
This is just a great pic of how you can start anyone at just about any age :D The next champion of EVO 2023! XD
Hoon Fightstick: The Hoon Fightstick was created to be the first "luxury" fightstick. While most would agree that it could have sported a better look, the fightstick sports osterich leather as well as Sanwa parts and is fully compatible for 360, PS3, and PC.
Here is a video about a slick Gouken Fightstick
This one is a Left 4 Dead Fightstick xD Really? Awesomess.
Finally, I leave you with the most macked daddied out fightstick I've seen to date. CEO's Alex Jebailey's Fightstick. This stick is so personally customized, I have to give him props for it. The time itself for the image alone was somewhat long, but all the worth while to create a truly unique fightstick for the player himself. If anything, I would recommened anyone willing to go the distance to customize their fightstick to their own personal design and style. Enjoy.
By: goukijones Oct 5, 2012 | 1 Comments | Updated: Oct 5, 2012
Some deals around the net, if you like your game delivered to you home. Dishonored POB is different at GameStop & Amazon. XCOM Enemy Unknown comes with a $15 credit! Wow! Plus exclusive offers. Friday October 5, 2012.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Amazon Bonus:Read full story...
Xbox's Yusuf Mehdi discusses the Xbox One launch date and recent momentum as the team heads toward launch.
November 22, 2013 will be the day that the Xbox One releases.Read full story...
By: Arthvader Apr 17, 2012 | 5 Comments
My thoughts on what I believe to be an awesome game. Achievements will be explained as well, and learn how to unlock the 10th color palette.
It's been almost a week since I've bought Skullgirls, and I have to say, I'm very impressed with how this game. For days I've been playing this game, getting to know more about the cast of characters, as well as knowing how the mechanics of the game works. To me, if feels like a mix of multiple fighting games, such as street fighter, the marvel vs. series, and the guilty gear series, all rolled up into one game. The roster is very unique, ranging from a grappler character that has a hat with giant arms, to a character that was based around 40s' or 50s' cartoons, to even a character that is pretty much an mixture of the entire cast.
Of the current roster, I have to say my favorite, and the one I'm planning to use the most, is none other than Valentine. Other than being a nurse, she is also a ninja. Plus, she reminds me of a lot of ninja characters I played with on other fighters, especially Chipp Zanuff from the Guilty Gear series, which is just about the reason why I immediately went ahead and started practicing with her. She has some very useful setups and moves, such as her poisons, which can cause passive damage, increase hit stun, or even cause input lag, a dash more similar to Chipp Zanuff's Alpha blade, to even a body bag Izuna Drop. The one thing that I could say about her that is even more unique is the ability to revive a dead teammate. This is a very useful technique, even if i need to save up a full set of meter.
I really do like the music that was put into the game. It was composed by none other than Michiru Yamane, the same person who composed the music for the majority of the Castlevania series, from Symphony of the Night and onward. At the same time, I really also like the art style used by Alex Ahab in this game. It gives off the vibe of an original, dark, deco world that I could appreciate.
And now, on to the Achievement Explanations:
- Sküllgirls - Graduation day has arrived at last! Mrs. Victoria's so proud of you
- How to unlock: This is unlocked by clearing the entire tutorial mode under training. pretty much self-explanatory.
- Treads of Fate - Follow all threads of fate to their inevitable conclusions.
- How to unlock: Pretty much self-explanatory as well. this will unlock as soon as you completed everyone's story mode. Do note that you'll gave to complete Filia, Cerebella, Ms. Fortune, Parasol, Painwheel, and Peackock's story to unlock Valentine's Story, and then beat Valentine's story to unlock Double's. Finish Double's Story to unlock the achievement.
- An Ensembled Cast - There may be no I in "team," but there is in "variety."
- How to unlock: this one requires setting up alot of custom assists. on the character select screen, when you select teams, after picking a character, you will be asked to pick an assist. select the third option, and make your own assist. it will take a while until the achievement unlocks. some people reported getting this achievement after anywhere between 7 - 50+ matches.
- Prolox - Words are fun - expand your vocabulary
- How to unlock: as you finish combos, you may notice a word under the number. There is a word for each number, and you will need to get around 60 - 80 words for this achievement to unlock.
- Real Circus Damage - And now, for the main attraction... Grappling!
- How to unlock: This is a character specific achievement involving Cerebella. the objective is to perform at least a total of 50 of her throws (regular, special, super). It doesn't need to be done in one match, as it keeps track of your overall progress.
- The Kitchen Sink - Throw everything at them, including...
How to unlock: This is Peacock's character specific achievement. to unlock this achievement, you will have to use her qcb+P move to drop all the object that she could drop. there are three tiers of items that could fall, depend on how long you hold the button in. Here's the list of the items she needs to drop:
No Charge Objects:
- Medicine Bottle
- Tea Cup
- Bowling Ball
- Flower Jar
- Bag of sand
1 ! Charge Objects:
- Spike Ball
- Yukkuri! (Animated head with Japanese speech bubble)
- Peacock Friend 1
- Peacock Friend 2
- Barrel (With turkey inside)
2 !! Charge Objects:
- Spike Balls Barrage
- Easter Island Moai
- Golden Monster Fridge
- Steam Roller
- No Charge Objects:
- Instant Hair Dash - Let your parasite feel the wind between his tendrils.
- How to unlock: This is Filia's character specific achievement. what you have to do is air-dash cancel out of her attacks around 60 times overall. pretty basic.
- Good Hunting, Commander - A good commander knows how to wield her forces effectively.
How to unlock: This is Parasol's character specific achievement. Your objective is to call on her egrets a total of 100 times, It doesn't matter which one you do, as it will all accumulate towards the achievement. here are the three commands:
- Egret Call (Hold Back, then press Forward + Light Kick)
- Egret Dive (Hold Back, then press Forward + Medium Kick)
- Egret Charge (Hold Back, then press Forward + Heavy Kick)
- Getting A Head In The Game - Sometimes you just need to relax and take the weight off your shoulders.
- How to unlock: This is Ms. Fortune's character specific achievement. All you have to do is have Ms. Fortune take her head off for a total of around a hour. this is accumulative across all matches. to take her head off, use her QCB + P move. If she was interrupted in the middle of her s.MP, s.HP, or c.HP, then her head will drop as well.
- Medical Board Will Be Notified - Your opponents aren't the only ones under the knife
- How to unlock: This is Valentine's character specific achievement. You will have to use her lvl. 5 super move (Forbidden Procedure: Rebirth Ex Machina) to revive your teammate, as well as hit your opponent at the exact same time, around 30 times. The command for the move is this: QCB + ( (MP + MK) or (HP + HK) )
- My Pain Will Be Visited Upon You - Sometimes you can take it, and sometimes you want to lash out.
- How to unlock: This is Painwheel's character specific achievement. the objective is to deal out alot of damage using Painwheel's Lvl.3 super (Hatred Install). By activating Hatred Install (QCB + PP), Painwheel will be able to perform counter attacks whenever she gets hit. the easiest way to get this achievement (at least the was I did it) was against Cerebella. With Cerebella, have her activate the Lvl. 3 super Diamonds are Forever (QCB + PP). Have Painwheel stay a distance from cerebella when she put her hand on the ground for the super. Painwheel, already with Hatred Install activated, have Painwheel charge s.HP. if timed right, Painwheel would have asorbed the stronger part of Cerbella's super, and inflict a lot of damage. Follow it up immediately with Painwheel's Lvl.1 super Death Crawl (QBF +PP), and the achievement would have unlocked after you deal enough damage.
- Toil and Trouble - A sesquidecemvir of seven simulacra synergizing simultaneously
How to unlock: despite the wierdness of the achievement description, this is Double's character specific achievement. What you need to do is pull of a combo that involves transforming into the entire cast. Here's a simple combo that can be done in the corner:
j.HP, s.LP, s.MP, s.HP, c.MK, s.HK, j.MK
- transformations in order in combo: Painwheel, Filia, Peacock, Cerebella, Parasol, Ms. Fortune, Valentine
- j.HP, s.LP, s.MP, s.HP, c.MK, s.HK, j.MK
Before I go, I would like to mention how to unlock the four extra color palettes. here they are in order:
- 7th color: Finish story mode (have to do it with each character for this color)
- 8th color: Finish Arcade mode (Just like with the the 7th color, you will have to clear it with each character to unlock this color. the good news: if you play arcade mode with a team, then all the characters that was on the team will have this color unlocked as well.)
- 9th color: Win 25-30 Versus matches (online or offline, or both combined) you will have to do this with each character for this color as well
- 10th color: This requires an old-school fighting game code. in the main menu, choose local versus. when you are on the controller screen (where you select what side you want to be on), Input this code: for the 360: Down, RB, Left, LB, Y, B. For the PS3: Down, R1, Left, L1, Square, X. you should see the message (New color palette available) appear. this will unlock the 10th color for the entire cast. Do note that the old-school code I'm relating to is the Same Character code that was used on Street Fighter II back on the SNES.
Tell me what you think of this story and guide? Vote, and leave your comments in the bottom. Don't be a Jimmy!!
Other Stories done by me:
We've all seen pictures of awesome fight sticks; now it's time to see some of the worst.
The Internet is home to some of the most awesome fightstick mods out there. However, there are a number of downright goofy sticks out there as well. Some are official, some are homemade, but all of these monstrosities are bound to make to make you say "WTF?!"Read full story...
By: goukijones Nov 13, 2011 | 4 Comments
Featuring a new character from UMvC3 in each match. We did this just to show off regular gamers playing Ultimate for the first time. We hope you enjoy our tournament. Includes FnJimmy's redemption match. #dontbeajimmy
Player 1 Choke VS Player 2 FnJimmy
Featuring Phoenix Wright, Nemesis T-Type, & Firebrand
Read full story...
By: goukijones Nov 27, 2014 | 0 Comments
Recorded Live from GameWorks Las Vegas, NV.
#FMIWT is LIVE from GameWorks every Tuesday from 6-11PM. It's Free! We have limited space for bring your own console. So get there early with a set up if you want to support your game!
We're looking for USF4 Main Event players for next week. Leave a comment below or hit GoukiJones up in person at the next #FMIWT.
Thanks for watching.
The Halo Reach Cap has been removed!
What a coincidence, the halo reach cap gets removed on Tuesday, and i wonder if anyone thinks it's because of Black Ops?
Check out the full story, they are supposed to write a little more on it later on.
inFAMOUS 2 is probably the most hype I am for a PS3 game. I didn't play the first one much and I'm not looking forward to ANOTHER Uncharted that much. Only problem here is, this game is coming our during the E3 Black Out.
I am going to beat the shit out of this game. Probably after it goes on sale.
There were a few games this year that introduced new ideas to the video game world. Here are our favorites.
GoukiJones says: I'm a big strategy gamer dude and when I heard the premise of Anomaly Warzone Earth, I knew I had to have a go. I played the shit out of this game for 3 days straight. Anomaly is a reverse tower defense game, so you control and upgrade the vehicles trying to get through the maze.
BatRastered says: Reverse tower defense... something new I guess. It looked cool from what I saw on GoukiJones' screen. Not my type of game, but original, yes.
GoukiJones says: The humor and commentary all through out the game, make Bastion fun and entertaining. The constant commentary is definitely something original and you'll get a few good laughs for sure.
BatRastered says: Yeah, the design and commentary were original, but it seemed like a fairly normal game underneath that. Still, props for doing something different.
GoukiJones says: Here we go again with another Steam strategy game. Another game -when I got my hands on it- I didn't stop playing for 3 days straight. Sanctum is a building, strategy, FPS. My absolute 3 favorite things in gaming. You have to check out Sanctum.
BatRastered says: Moving into the tower defense in first person looked cool. I'd like to see some more advanced shooting though, what I saw looked very basic.Read full story...
Trending Video Games
- Borderlands 3
- Street Fighter IV
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
- Rage 2
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Fallout 76
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Crackdown 3
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Last Survivor